A sash window restrictor or “sash stop” is designed to secure your window and restrict access, while still allowing air ventilation into your room. Sash restrictors are a major deterrent to thieves and other unwanted intruders.
Operation: 2 plugs are supplied – one plug for locking and one plug for ventilation. One plug is installed directly above the meeting rail. The stopper is screwed into it, it gives added security, as a secondary locking device, the sash cannot be opened in the event of the main fastener being tampered with.The second plug is fitted 100mm (approx. 4inches) above the meeting rail on the top sash. Once the stopper is screwed into this (instead of the plug above the meeting rail), it stops the sash opening further, providing security when the window is open.
- Opening the sash by 100mm acts as a night vent, allowing piece of mind that the window cannot be opened from outside when asleep.
- Each package includes 2 plugs, one stopper, one strike plate, and 2 screws. One order equals 5 packages.
- 19 mm long protruding stop to secure large windows
- Pack of 5 will secure between 2 and 5 window sashes, depending on desired installation
- The stopper is screwed out when not in use and kept in a safe place.