A sash window restrictor or “sash stop” is designed to secure your window and restrict access, while still allowing air ventilation into your room. Sash restrictors are a major deterrent to thieves and other unwanted intruders.
Operation: The provided key unlocks the restrictor barrel and allows it to protrude out to the open position thus stopping the sash, or fully retract into the main plug to the closed position to allow the sash to slide past.
- Heavy-duty security and restricting window sash stop
- 19 mm long protruding piece to stop lower sash
- Pack will secure 1 double hung window
- Child proof: requires a key to open and close
- Suggested installation restricts sash opening to 100mm, acting as a night vent and allowing piece of mind that the window cannot be opened from outside when asleep.
Please insure you have left egress options to any bedrooms. Most building codes require 1 window to be easily opened without the use tools. The use of a sash restrictor would make the window a non-egress opening as it requires the key. Check with your building authorities if you are in doubt.